Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A NEW BOOK, A MUST READ



So I finally finished reading “The Odyssey of Homer”. It really was a good read, and I now understood why this tale has lasted for centuries. I took time in reading the book, though I really told myself that I will finish it in a week, and I sure did. I just realized, after reading Frank Mc Court’s “ Angela’s Ashes”, that I am (somewhat) a fast reader, that is if I really want to. Usually it takes me a month to read a 400 pages book. Within that week I did not read hastily I took my time and savor The Odyssey. It is well translated by Allen Mandelbaum, I must praise him for that. The translation is beautifully written. I really did not realize how enchanting this story is until I read page after page after page. It is more than a story of odyssey it is a story filled with un-relentless perseverance, of destiny, of family, of love, of enchantment. Though I already knew how the story would end I was still very eager to get there. But it was worth the read. I fell proud of myself after reading the book. Why? Because I know in this generation where everyone is more inclined to do something else, I chose to read a story as old as the pyramids of Egypt. Not a lot of people today would know nor appreciate this story so I am privileged in a way to have read it. The Odyssey is a timeless story that I believe everyone should read.




Every time I finish a book, when I had turned the last page I always feel a slight sadness. Do you ever get that feeling? I am always eager to know the end but then when I get there I feel sad, because then again it is time for me to say goodbye to another book. At the same time it gives me the feeling of fulfillment because yet again I have read another interesting story. So today I was very eager to go back to the bookstore and get a new book. Before I go and pick up a new book I always do online research on the current best sellers. Get little excerpts, trying to see what books interests me. I like memoirs and I have been wanting to get this book for a very long time. But the price of it is already equivalent to two books so I just ignored it. That is also why I think twice of getting it. But today it really called out to me. Maybe you will find it funny but yes it did. And once I held it, my hands wouldn’t let go of it. I went straight to the counter and bought it and just ignored the price for once. But I know this is a good one!




The current book that I am reading right now ranked number two in the international best sellers list for non-fiction. This book is based on the inspiring story of a mountaineer turned school builder in Pakistan. The inspiring story of Greg Mortenson written in this book entitled “Three Cups of Tea”.


So let’s start reading………………………….

M.




EARN EXTRA MONEY WITHOUT INVESTING A DIME!!! CLICK HERE NOW!
http://paydotcom.net/?affiliate=529280

No comments: