Friday, April 3, 2009

Eat, Pray, Love- A Summer Must Read!



I have read a lot of books for the past years but really wasn’t able to blog about them. I just discovered that I find pleasure in blogging about the books that I just read or in old terms making a book review. Most of the books that I have read always have a special place in me because in a lot of ways I do learn something from "them". I am especially fond of each one of my books. But if there is one book that speaks to me it is the book “Eat, Pray, Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert. It is my choice for anyone who is searching for yourself and searching for Love. This summer where everyone is eager to travel and spend lazy days at the beach with iced teas at hand, I invite everyone to read this witty and romantic memoir to keep you company as you lounge under the summer sun. A story of a lost divorcee landed her to three beautiful places where she found pleasure in food, where she found herself through prayer, and found the love of her life.

Why do I love this book? Why does it speak to me that much? Why the title speaks for itself. Yes I am someone who finds simple pleasures in food (Eat), who find solace in prayer (Pray) and in bliss with my love (Love). That is why I am fond of this memoir. And more than that the author will whisk you away in places a lot of us are eager to be at. The three major chapters all took place in three different beautiful and exotic places in the world. “Eat” took place in Italy where food is absolutely delectable. You can smell all the scent of Italian mothers cooking in their kitchen. And savor all the pizzas through the pages. “Pray” took place in India where Elizabeth searched for her spiritual journey through yoga and deep meditation. A lot of bumps getting to Nirvana but for just a glimpse she saw it. And found her true love in the exotic and romantic tropical jungles of Bali.

You will fall in love with the places that Elizabeth will bring you and fall in love with her stories. More than that the story itself centers on how we can find simple pleasures in our everyday lives and the beauty of LIFE itself.

“You were given life; it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight”.
Eat, Pray, Love; Elizabeth Gilbert




M.

No comments: