Friday, June 19, 2009

Afternoon Rain


The afternoon has turned grey. Heavy rain clouds are threatening the skies making me scramble outside to make sure that the dogs won’t get wet. They are safe now. We waited for the rain.

From across the mountain, I can see the rain racing towards our warm house. Mama made sure to shut all window panes and doors. With a shy drop on the tin roof the rain came pouring down. The rain is here making all house roofs sing and making steam out in the warm streets. I decided to open up a door just to take a peek of the beauty outside. Mists teased my face making it tingle. I stared as the soft white fog slowly envelopes everything outside, shrouding the whole village in its cool embrace. The plants seem happy I thought, each rain drop makes leaves and flowers seem to dance with glee. Everything seems quite queit, and as I grab a cup of hot cocoa I eagerly want this moment to last a little longer.


How I love the rain.

M.

No comments: