Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sunsets





I am always fond of sunsets. There is always that certain magic in them that draws my attention. As you know one of the best photos that I have taken are photos taken during sunsets. There is always that mysticism in sunsets that makes me just drop everything and stare at it.


Today I must I have witnessed one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. I wish I can put it all in writing but even if I can I know I won’t be able to put justice to what I have seen today. This I write:


It is a warm afternoon. I went out in mama’s hut to cool off, even after having a cold shower the house is still steaming from the earth’s warmth. Gracious Sky decided to sprinkle the warm earth with its shy rain drops. It touches my skin, it tingles. As I sat in the cozy bamboo hut, a faint light at the corner of my eye caught my attention. As I gave my full attention to where it is coming from, a warm sunset was waving to me. I went to mama’s porch to have a better look. And there in all his glory the Sun was dancing with Sky. The Sun painting the whole clear sky with beautiful shades of oranges. A dash of slim clouds tried to catch his rays. I sat at the bench trying to quench my longing to be one with nature. I just sat and stared as the Sun danced in it's wide sky. In a glimpse a soft cool wind blew making all of the trees sway as if they too were saying goodbye to the mighty Sun. I went back to the back garden, and as I look up a great rainbow almost stretching the whole orange sky was waving goodbye as well to the Sun. As I gave my last goodbye to the mighty Sun to rest, he waved back sending purples, blues, oranges and reds in the sky. Then in a glimpse, serene Night came in bringing with her cool rain.

M.

No comments: