Sunday, April 18, 2010

TOP 5 Summer Must Read


If you are going on a summer holiday I encourage everyone to bring a book or two to read. Either way you can always read a book this summer. So here are my top five summer must reads:

1) Beneath A Marble Sky by John Shors- I have chosen this novel because it is an epic story based on the eternal beauty that is Taj Mahal. It is not limited to how the Taj Mahal is built but it is also a story of adventure, love, deceit and plots and a novel based on exotic India is always appealing. A PAGE TURNER!!


2) The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho- this novel might be short but it will put readers to ponder on themselves but more than that on LIFE too. I highly recommend this book because in a way it has influence me in a positive way. It triggers thoughts within readers on what we are missing in life. And if you are in a search for yourself this book might change you this summer.


3) Love In A Time Of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez- this will always be a classic summer must read for me because it involves LOVE, an overwhelming love that contains someone. The setting is beautiful which is in Colombia and the plot is undying.


4) Odyssey by Homer – I chose this one because age will never tire classics like this. It is very refreshing to go back to classics plus it involves travel.


5) Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert- this too will always be one of my highly recommend books to read during summer. It doesn’t only involve a woman’s quest in looking for herself in this modern world but it involves travel, food, and romance. A great combination all wrapped in one memoir.


So these are my top five SUMMER MUST READS. If you want more recommendation don’t hesitate to ask. I hope you will have a gorgeous summer.


M.

No comments: