Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Good Book & Music

Now that I have the time to be writing or as the internet world calls it – blogging – I am indulging myself into it. I am still reading and about to share my reviews with you soon. I have four books waiting to be reviewed but for now I am going to divert into something else other than books and book reviews.

Aside from books one of my other “like” is music. I know some of us really couldn’t read with music playing on background but there are a lot of soothing tunes to go with a good read. Allow me to share them with you.

My favourite reading background music/artist is Dan Gibson. He incorporates nature’s best sound to a very relax repertoire. My favourite album of Dan Gibson would have to be “Rhythms of the Sea”. Even if you are in your bedroom reading your book you would definitely feel that you are in a summer isle, in the warm sand and sun while getting lost in the pages of a book.




My second recommendation for a good reading background is Enya. Every time I put Enya on I always drift myself to a European countryside while reading. My favourite Enya album suited for reading is “A Day Without Rain” .

My last pick is Madeleine Peyroux. If you love Parisian jazz and warm coffee with your book Madeleine Peyroux is the one to play. This music is best for book lovers who enjoy the cafe life. My favourite Madeleine Peyroux album is “Half the Perfect World”.

The key to playing background music while reading is keeping in mind that it needs to stay in the background. I always believe that music enhances my reading to a certain extent, as my imagination runs with the pages of the book the background music playing paints characters, plots, and perhaps even emotions.

Enjoy the indulgence of reading a book as not a lot us now have the luxury to do so.

M.

No comments: